- Children born prematurely, or who have developmental delay or other special needs, are more likely to have vision problems.
- The FIRST STEP in vision care is a comprehensive eye exam. Vision disorders are the most common disabling condition of childhood.
- Children with vision problems may not complain that it is hard to see because they do not know what normal vision is.
- Eye examinations are often the only way for parents and others to understand how well a child sees.
- Many children with vision problems are undiagnosed and untreated; some untreated vision conditions will lead to permanent vision loss.
Vision Problems Signs and Symptoms